Monday, March 14, 2011

Whole Food Detox: Week One Update and Recipe



Well I know I promised I would be back with week with lots of recipes, however my husband I came down with the flu last week (I had the stomach flu, Mike just had the flu) so our food choices this past week was whatever was simplest and whatever was easiest!

Today is Day 7 of the detox and Mike and I are both feeling great. Mike is seeing significant reduction of swelling in his knees (PRAISE THE LORD!) and has already lost 10 lbs! I think I have lost about 4 lbs and besides recovering from the flu, have been feeling great!

I mentioned in my last post, that we were talking 21 pills a day (which was incorrect, we were actually taking 30 a day). Today is the last day we have to take so many pills! Woohoo! The way the program is set up is you take certain pills day 1-7, and then days 8-21, you take a different set of pills. So now are down to taking 21 pills a day!

One of the best things we ate this past week was roasted garlic asparagus! It is so flavorful, it is easy to make and it hits the spot every time!

Here is the recipe that I use:

Roasted-Garlic Asparagus:

1 lbs (or more) washed and trimmed Asparagus
1-2tsp Organic Garlic Powder (or fresh minced garlic)
½-1tsp Sea Salt
1-2Tbps Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Preheat your oven to 375. On a clean Silpat or cookie sheet, lay your asparagus in a single line. Drizzle your asparagus with your extra virgin olive oil and then top with salt and garlic. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until done to your liking (we like ours slightly crisp!)


Tonight I will be making Baked Apples and will post our recipe tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment