Monday, March 7, 2011

Whole Food Detox: Day 1



As I mentioned in my last post, Mike and I are starting a 21 day whole food detox program today. This is the second time we have done this detox and we are so excited!


We went to COSCTO this weekend to stock up on fruits and veggies for the detox, here is our cart half way through our shopping trip:

 

A huge part of the detox program we are on is whole food supplements. We have to take TWENTY-ONE large pills a day along with a special protein shake.

For Mike and I, we had a protein shake this morning for breakfast, veggie salads and an apple for lunch and for dinner we are having Vegetable Stir-fry with some brown rice (we can have ½ cup of brown rice a day)

As I mentioned, last time we did this detox, my husband lost over 20lbs. I will be sure to keep you updated on any progress we see. We are taking before and after pictures of my husband on this diet, but because his shirt is off in the picture, I didn’t feel it would be appropriate to post on this blog. I will post total weight loss when we are done though!

Out first few days, we are eating simple food, as my energy will probably be low. I will post our first recipe on Friday, which will be Veggie Kabobs, followed by a Roasted Apples recipe and Red Lentil Soup recipe and many others next week! 

Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment