Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Ultimate Super Dad

My husband and I are in the middle of Financial Peace University, by Dave Ramsey (more information on this amazing class here) and in this week’s lesson, Dave said something that really challenged my thinking and was really, wise!

Dave was talking about debt and some of the tops ways to get out of debt. On his list was “Prayer really works” when he was explaining this step, he said the following (or close to it, I don’t have a word for word quote)

What I’ve come to realize is that God really loves me. I’m made in his image and he loves me more than anything. And ya know what? He’s rich, like really rich. If you were in huge financial trouble, and your dad was a billionaire, you would go ask him for help. Well, your Father is richer than that. Ask him.

This got me thinking. What else don’t we take to the Lord in prayer? Are you having car troubles? Is your child(ren) misbehaving? Are you struggling in your marriage? Do you have a desire to get away on a vacation which you feel will never happen? Wanting to get pregnant and you cant?

Remember that God is the ultimate Auto Mechanic, the most super of all super nannies, the best marriage counselor available, the most renowned travel agent and finest fertility doctor the world has ever known. Feel free to insert your own struggle above, and I guarantee you that God is the best at fixing that too!

There is such a large disconnect in our lives when we don’t take our struggles, issues, hopes, dreams wishes, ect. to God. He is waiting up there to answer our prayers and to help us to live life to the fullest, we simply need to ask him.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” – Matthew 7:7

No comments:

Post a Comment