Friday, March 4, 2011

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


Because my husband and I are starting a detox next week, I decided that we had to have cookies this week, right? I mean we needed one last little treat! :)

I was looking for a simple, yet delicious recipe, when I ran across this recipe on Pie Birds, Buttons and Muddy Puddles. Oh man, peanut butter, oatmeal and chocolate all in one cookie? Sounds almost too good to be true!

Oh, but friends, they are true, and SO delicious! I adapted Andrea’s recipe to make it dairy and gluten free, and they turned out marvelous! Hope you enjoy these delicious cookies!


Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose  gluten free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill All-purpose, because I had some at home, but you could make your own, following these instructions!)
¼ teaspoon guar gum
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup organic vegetarian shortening (I use Spectrum), at room temperature
½ cup organic creamy peanut butter
½ cup Turbinado or Sucanat
1/3 cup light brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
1 cup dairy free semisweet chocolate chips
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats and set aside.

2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.

3. On medium speed, cream together the shortening, peanut butter, sucanat, brown sugar and vanilla extract, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat to combine. On low speed, gradually add the flour until just combined. Stir in the oats, and then the chocolate chips.

4. Use a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoons) and drop dough onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden. Cool completely on the baking sheet and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment