|Mike and I at a Seahawk's game last fall|
With a new month approaching (and a new season, here in Seattle it is already raining, blustery and cold) I have decided that I want to start setting some monthly goals for myself. I have a longtime goal list on my mirror at home that I am slowly working on completing, but I figured a few monthly goals would help me get organized, focused and be a better wife, friend and servant of the Lord!
- Eat a better variety of veggies – I feel like we are in a veggie rut. I always buy the same ones, and rarely try anything new. I would like to incorporate 3 new veggies into our diet this month.
- Snack less – I admit it… I’m a snacker! I love tortilla chips, chocolate chips, dried fruit, popcorn, ect! If it’s little, and you can nibble on it, I like it!! I am working to feed my family whole, nutrient-dense food, so I really shouldn’t be hungry. The snacking is just a habit that I am working on breaking.
- Experiment more with baking – I have all the stuff I need to bake, I just need to find the time to do it. I would like to bake at least 3 new things this month.
- Healthy snacks for football season – Mike and I are HUGE football fans, which usually means lots of snacking, parties, and vegging. I want to try and learn some new recipes for healthier, whole food snacking (wish me luck on this one!)
- Spend more time in The Word – I have a dedicated time to read my bible everyday, but it is short – 10 minutes on a good day. I want to take at least a half out before bed every night to spend in The Word and prayer. This is also a long term goal for myself.
- Exercise more – I run about 2 time a week right now. I would like to get my exercise routine to 4 days a week, running twice and going to the gym twice.
- Read 3 books a month – I want to try and get in as much reading as possible during this season in our lives of no kids, no pets. I would like to try and push my monthly reading from about 2 books per month to 3 books
- Serve More – Acts 20:35 - “In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.” bottom line – I need to do more as a Christ-follower. Find areas where I can step in and step up.
As we enter into the fall season I am also going to focus on cultivating a thankful heart! It’s so easy to fall into a pattern of ungratefulness, grumbling and jealousy if we don’t daily take time to inventory our lives and realize how much we truly have been blessed with. Sure, there are things that are hard, things we want and desires of my heart that haven’t been fulfilled yet, but I truly believe that God will bless us with his perfect provision in his always perfect timing. For now, I am going to choose to be THANKFUL for all the many, many blessing in my life!