Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Shepherd's Pie


I don’t think I had ever had Shepherd’s Pie before I made it last week. I, of course had heard of it, however I always associated it with FAT, UNHEALTHY, and generally bad for you.

I found this recipe on Heavenly Homemaker’s page, and it is made with real, whole food, and is actually VERY nutritious and delicious.

Shepherd’s Pie

1 lb ground beef (use grass-fed beef, or pasteurized ground turkey!)
2 T minced onion
1 cup green beans
1 cup corn
1 cup peas (we don’t like peas, so we just added more green beans and corn!)
1 can or 1 cup tomato soup (I just used some organic tomato sauce)
2 T Worcestershire sauce
Sea salt to taste
3 cups mashed potatoes (I used some organic potatoes and mashed them, added a little almond milk and voila!)

Brown hamburger meat and onion together. Once evenly browned and thoroughly cooked add the vegetables, tomato soup and sea salt. Mix ingredients together well. Then, spread in a casserole dish. Finish by topping with mashed potatoes. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment