Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Roasted Corn Tilapia

I made this recipe for the first time last night, and wow! It was amazing, definitely blog worthy.

I am really trying to incorporate more fish into our diet, as we all know there are a lot of health benefits associated with fish. The hardest part? I DON’T LIKE SEAFOOD! I never have. (I know, I know, what’s wrong with me?) I developed a pallet for tuna fish when I was in high school and can eat tuna like its going out of style, but that’s it!

Once Mike and I got married, I decided to try and “learn” to like seafood. Mike really enjoys it and I wanted to be able to cook fish for him without having to make myself something different. Well, I am definitely still learning but I have been able to make some salmon and shrimp dishes that I do enjoy (well not enjoy so much as I am able to simply get them down!)

Everyone has been telling me to try Tilapia, as it is a very mild fish and a great place to start. I have been looking for it in restaurants and for recipes, however every time I find one, it is either cheese-crusted, or bread-crusted. Then, as I was flipping through one of my favorite blogs, I found that Mary had posted her recipe for Roasted Corn Tilapia here. Perfect!

So for anyone out there who doesn’t like that “fishy” taste or simply likes mild white fish, this recipe is delicious and sure to be a hit! I served ours with organic brown rice and green beans.

Roasted Corn Tilapia: (from Homemade Dutch Apple Pie)

Heat your oven on the Broiler setting

1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. salt (We use Sea Salt)
1 lb Tilapia Filets (we bought ours at Trader Joes, 1 lb was about 3 filets)
1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed (I only used 1 cup)
1 lime, cut into 4 wedges (I bought these but forgot to use them, I bet it would have been even better with the lime!)


In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili powder and salt. Mix well. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish with 1 teaspoon of the mayonnaise mixture. Place the tilapia fillets in the baking dish and coat with the remaining mayonnaise mixture. Top with the corn. Broil until the corn is lightly browned and the fish is cooked through, about 10 minutes (Ours took about 13 minutes). Serve with the lime wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment