Monday, August 30, 2010

Menu Plan August 30th - September 5th

Wow, it’s Monday again already! I cannot believe how fast August is going by! Mike and I had a very fun, busy weekend, which resulting in very little cooking for me. I had some great meals planned, so I may try and push some of them into this week so we can enjoy them!

This week is fairly laid back for us. We are looking forward to the three-day weekend coming up. We don’t have any plans set in stone, but are hoping to get in some time with our families, friends and maybe a date day just for us!

I plan my meals a month in advance (I know, I’m a bit OCD) however, since we are avoiding foods in the nightshade family this week, I had to make some last minute substitutions, as I LOVE to cook with tomato based products (salsa, tomato sauce, tomatoes, ect!)

Monday:
Breakfast: Green Protein Smoothie
Lunch: Leftovers (for Mike) / Chicken Salad (for me!)
Dinner: Tilapia w/Roasted Corn – with Veggie and cornbread
Tuesday:
Breakfast: Green Protein Smoothie
Lunch: Leftovers (for Mike) / Chicken Salad (for me!)
Dinner: Crockpot Meatloaf with salad
Wednesday:
Breakfast: Green Protein Smoothie
Lunch: Leftovers (for Mike) / Chicken Salad (for me!)
Dinner: Crock Pot Rice and Beans w/veggie or salad

Thursday:
Breakfast: Green Protein Smoothie
Lunch: Leftovers (for Mike) / Chicken Salad (for me!)
Dinner: Cashew Lime Chicken with Quinoa & veggie
Friday:
Breakfast: Green Protein Smoothie
Lunch: Leftovers (for Mike) / Office Lunch (on Friday's our boss buys us lunch!)
Dinner: Cold Quinoa Salad w/Sausage and fresh fruit
Saturday:
Breakfast: Morning Rice w/Sausage
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Leftovers
Sunday:
Breakfast: Green Protein Smoothie (for Mike) & Oatmeal w/raisins (for me)
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Homemade burgers w/sweet potato fries

Because of our special diet the next week and a half, I have strayed from my normal “theme nights” but that’s okay! Life gets crazy. The theme nights are there to HELP me, not STRESS ME OUT further. Its okay to be flexible with your menu!

If any of our recipes this week are mind blowing, I will be sure to post them! I tried a few recipes this weekend that I don’t love, so unfortunately, they won’t be appearing on the blog. I do want to get my DELICIOUS banana bread recipe up here though! Its to die for, I may just make another loaf this week (if I can find more brown banana’s on sale!)


2 comments:

  1. Yummy!!! What type of protein is in your shakes? I have fallen in love with hemp protein and coconut myself! Yummy fats and amino acids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ana! We use NUTRIBIOTIC SPECTRUM, which is a rice protein powder! You can read more about it at the link below (this is where we buy it from)

    http://www.allhealthtrends.com/spectrum-4.4lb.html

    ReplyDelete