Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tuna-Stuffed Tomatoes

Wow, it’s been almost 3 months since my last blog. I wish I could say that I had some awesome reason for my hiatus or that something exciting was going on in our lives, but… I don’t. I simply had been feeling unmotivated to blog.

I can’t pinpoint why I was feeling this way or what sparked me to start blogging again, but I’m back. I think I was pressuring myself to post something EVERY DAY, and if I didn’t, I was some kind of failure, when really I started this blog as a way to keep track of recipes I liked and a virtual diary of sorts.

I have a bunch of new recipes and ideas to share and I am excited to get them on the blog again!

While this first blog isn’t really a recipe, I thought the idea was so fun and clever I had to share.

Tuna-Stuffed Tomatoes



These cute little treats are so much fun to serve for dinner or would make a great addition to any potluck. We use mustard in our tuna, hence the yellowish color in the pictures!


Ingredients:
2 cans of Tuna (drained)
1 pickle, diced
Quarter of an onion, diced
Mayo (or mustard) to your liking
2 tsp minced garlic
3 beefsteak tomatoes, hollowed out.
Basil for sprinkling

Mix up your tuna to your liking in a bow. Hollow out the tomatoes, just as you would a pumpkin. Stuff the tomatoes with the tuna and top with a sprinkle of basil.


Serve with some organic tortilla chips for a wonderful appetizer or dinner! 


No comments:

Post a Comment