Friday, March 25, 2011

Roasted Brussel Sprouts


Now, if you are anything like I have been my entire life, than you read that title and though.. “noooo, thank you!” They have a bit of a unique smell, as a kid you hated them, but, have you tried them lately??

I am willing to argue that if you haven’t tried brussel sprouts in a while, that if you try these, you will change your mind. I know, I know, those are big words, and I better have the goods to back them up! All I can say is that when I was little (okay, now too) I was the pickiest eater in the world. I didn’t like much of anything. I have branched out a little as I’ve gotten older, but not much! This being the case, I LOVE this recipe. And if someone as picky as me can love this recipe, I strongly believe that you can too!


Okay, okay, enough tooting my own recipe horn, on to the recipe!

Roasted Brussel Sprouts:

Brussel Sprouts – as many you like, washed
Olive Oil
Sea Salt
Pepper

Preheat oven to 425

Slice the brussel sprouts in half. Transfer brussel sprouts into a baking dish. Drizzle sprouts with Olive Oil (we had about 20 brussel sprouts and used about 1 – 1 ½ Tbps). Arrange sprouts so that the flat sides are facing down. Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper to taste. Bake for 10- 15 minutes, or until done to your liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment