Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Gluten Free Corn Dog Cornbread Muffins


Monday night is our Salad/Stirfry night. While my husband and I both LOVE salads, sometimes a salad just isn’t enough to fill my husband’s appetite.

I decided last night to try and adapt Laura from Heavenly Homemakers Corn dog Muffins into a gluten free dairy free muffin that would work for our family to have for dinner.

Oh.My.Goodness. These are officially my favorite gluten free baked good I have never made or tasted! They are amazing! So moist, flavorful and filling! These would make a great breakfast, snack, or addition to any meal! These could easily be just cornbread muffins, by leaving out the hotdog!

I made a double batch of these muffins, so you are more than welcome to cut this recipe in half if you want only 1 dozen. These muffins freeze really well (and are delicious) so I encourage you to make a double batch (twice the payoff for half the work!)


Corn Dog Cornbread Muffins:

Dry:
2 Cups Cornmeal
1.5 Cups Sorghum Flour
1 Cup Tapioca Starch
2 Tsp Guar gum (or xanthan gum)
2 Tsp Baking Soda
3 Tsp Baking Soda
2 Tsp Salt
1 Cup Sucanat

Wet:
4 eggs
1 Cup plus 1 Tbps Olive Oil
2 Cups Water

8 hotdogs. Each hotdog should be cut into 3rds. (I used All Natural Uncured Beef hotdogs from Trader Joes)

Preheat oven to 400

Add dry ingredients into a bowl. Combine until well mixed.
In a separate bowl, add wet ingredients. Whisk wet ingredients together until well combined, about 1 minute.
Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix by hand until batter is formed. Should be thicker than cake batter.
If not using a demarle pan, line your muffin pan with paper liners
Use a 1/3 Cup measure to pour batter into muffin cups
Then, drop one piece of hotdog into each muffin cup. 



Bake for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or throw them in the freezer for a later date!

I'm sharing this on Tuesday Twister!

No comments:

Post a Comment