Monday, October 4, 2010

Creating a Salvation List


I am currently finishing up the book, Completely His by Shannon Ethridge. I have loved reading this book, it has challenged me in so many ways and opened my eyes to the way that Jesus sees us and the way he wants to be in relationship with us!

One of the ideas I have taken into practice fom this book is creating a Salvation List. What a simple, wonderful idea! I wanted to share this idea with you all, so you can work to impliment it as well, as you feel led!

If you already have a prayer journal, I encourage you to just designate the last few pages to your Salvation List; if you aren't currently using a prayer journal, any paper will do, and you can just tuck inside your bible!

Start out by writting out the date you are starting and Title your list. Mine looked like this:

9-24-2010
My Salvation List:

- Friend
-Neighbor
-Family
-Friend
-Family
-Co-worker
-ect.

Next, take the time to write down everyone you can think of who is not saved; family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, celebrities, anyone who God lays on your heart! Create a list and leave room for more people as God continutes to bring people into your life who you can witness to.

Then, each night after reading your bible, or doing your prayers, pull out your salvation list and pray over it. I start out by praying for everyone on the list in general, then, each night I spend dedicated time praying for one person on the list (I just started at the top and move down one each night). I am going to keep cycling through the list until each person has a personal relationship with the Lord!

Ask the Lord to show you ways that you can witness to, or show love to each person on that list. It's not your job to change their hearts or minds towards Jesus, that's God's job. But we can pray that the Lord would use us in this process. As the bible says:

"I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it" -John 14:13-14

and
 
"…The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective" (James 5:16).

Never underestimate the power of God! I truly believe that lives will be changed because of our prayers and that God will do incredible things through us if we are willing! 
 
This is wonderful, simple way to remember to prayer for those in our lives who don't know the Lord. I know for me, I can easily forget to pray for the salvation of others, as I get so caught up in my own life.  Having a Salvation List has kept this thought at the forefront of my mind. As my pastor said on Sunday:
 
"The one thing we won't be able to do in heaven, is lead one more person to the Lord". - Pastor Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment