Monday, August 23, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies

Well... my plan to post a bunch of recipes last week didn't quite pan out! It ended up being a much busier week than I anticipated!

I did find time on Friday evening to bake some Peanut Butter cookies (yum!) We had some friends over and I wanted to have something to snack on!

These cookies were a hit! They are super simple, and delicious! (recipe from www.nourshingmeals.com)

PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES (Gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free):
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Wet Ingredients:
2 tablespoons ground chia seeds (I use an old coffee grinder to grind my chia seeds)
1/4 cup hot water
1/4 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
3/4 cup coconut sugar or sucanat (I used sucanat)
1 cup creamy organic peanut butter (I used unsalted, but I salted may yield more flavor)
2 teaspoons vanilla (make sure to get gluten-free!)

Dry Ingredients:
1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups sorghum flour (I had to use closer to 1 3/4 cup)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda


Place the ground chia seeds and hot water into a medium-sized mixing bowl; whisk together until stringy. Then add remaining wet ingredients. Using an electric mixer, beat until incorporated..

Add dry ingredients and beat again until the dough forms a ball. Use enough flour until the mixture holds together well.

Roll dough into balls, place onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and press down using the tines of a fork. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack (or eat them warm, like our family likes to do!)


I am really going to try to post a few dinner recipes along with some "Super Foods" this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment