Monday, August 16, 2010

Menu Plan August 16th - August 22nd

I am going to try to post my meal plan for the weeek every Monday. I find this really helps me assure we are getting a varied diet and eating a good mix of veggies and protein.

One area where I think we can really improve is our breakfasts. Mike and I are always in a hurry in the morning, so our breakfasts are the same almost every day. I am on the search for new healthy, quick breakfast ideas.

Most of these recipes I found from other whole food blogs that I love!! Most often from: Passionate Homemaking , Heavenly Homemakers , Frugal Granola , and Keeper of the Home. As I work to tweak and perfect these recipes I will start posting some of my own versions and recipes as well!

Menu Plan: Week of August 16th to August 22nd:

Monday:
Breakfast: Green Protein Smoothie & HB (Hard Boiled) Egg.
Lunch: Leftovers (for Mike) / Chicken Salad (for me!)
Dinner: Crock pot Chicken and Rice Soup w/Corn bread

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Green Protein Smoothie & HB Egg.
Lunch: Leftovers (for Mike) / Chicken Salad (for me!)
Dinner: Zucchini Burger Boats w/Sweet Potato Fries

Wednesday:
Breakfast: Green Protein Smoothie & HB Egg.
Lunch: Leftovers (for Mike) / Chicken Salad (for me!)
Dinner:Spinach &Brown rice Casserole w/seasonal veggie


Thursday:
Breakfast: Green Protein Smoothie & HB Egg (Hard Boiled).
Lunch: Leftovers (for Mike) / Chicken Salad (for me!)
Dinner: Dinner at a Friend's house.

Friday:
Breakfast: Green Protein Smoothie & HB Egg.
Lunch: Leftovers (for Mike) / Office Lunch (on Friday's our boss buys us lunch!)
Dinner: Shepherd's Pie w/salad
Dessert: I think I will make some "healthy fudge"



Saturday:
Breakfast: Home made gluten-free blueberry pancakes w/raspberry freezer jam and eggs
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Dinner with friends (we have to get in all our summer fun before we loose this beautiful Northwest weather have been blessed with this week!)

Sunday:
Breakfast: Green Protein Shakes w/Egg before church
Lunch:Potluck with our parents. We will bring a side dish
Dinner: Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes


I hope to get 2 or 3 recipes on the blog this week, as well as sneak peak into what our food budget looks like and our grocery list!


Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment