Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Nut Butter Bread


I found this recipe on Homemade Dutch Apple Pie’s blog and was so intrigued by the recipe I had to try it for myself.

I could not wrap my head around the fact that the ingredients in this recipe come together to make a… bread? But low and behold, they did! This Nut butter bread is moist, flavorful and a wonderful treat!

Nut Butter Bread

1 cup nut butter (I used almond butter!)
1/4 cup honey
3 eggs ( I only had two left, and the recipe turned out just fine, but I would recommend 3 if you have them on hand)
1/2 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 T vinegar or lemon juice (I used lemon juice)

Combine all ingredients except for the lemon juice and mix well. Add the vinegar or lemon juice and mix well, then pour into a greased loaf pan.


Bake about 40 minutes in a 350 degree oven (mine only needed about 25-30 minutes, not sure if it was because I omitted an egg or not?). It is done when a knife or toothpick comes out clean.

1 comment: