Thursday, April 28, 2011

Baby Shower for my Niece

Kim and I
My brother and sister-in-law are having a baby! They are due June 4th, 2011. Needless to say, we are very excited about welcoming this sweet baby girl into the world!

This is my brother’s first (and probably last) child, so this is going to be my only niece or nephew, which makes this sweet baby girl that much more special! They are still deciding on a name, so for now, she is just baby Fay (my maiden name). She is also the first grandchild for my parents!

Derek and Kim (my bro and sis-in-law) have decided to go with yellow and green as the main colors for the nursery, with some pale purple as well.

Some of the presents!
It was so fun to watch Kim open all the gifts and to see them blessed in such a way! We all know that having a baby is quite the expenditure, and the gifts were a huge blessing to them!

Kim opening gifts
As for the party and the food, my mom and I wanted to keep things fairly simple and short, so we were with wonderful finger foods, such as, mini chili rellenos, a veggie tray, fruit tray, apricot tartlets, pigs in a blanket, chips with a wonderful Mexican cheesecake dip, and two different kinds of cup cakes (none of this was gluten or dairy free, but everyone loved the food!) My cousin, mom and I made all the food and the cupcakes and had a blast figuring it all out!

Our spread ( this is a terrible picture, it was so sunny, I couldn't get the glare out of it!)
For games we decided to play three different kinds. First, we did a baby word scramble, which is pretty much your typical baby shower game.

Second, we passed out a small pack of playdoh for each lady at the shower, along with an appetizer size plate. The ladies had 2 minutes to shape their playdoh into a baby. After the two minutes, Kim went around and got to pick which baby she thought was the best one. It was pretty funny to see some of the “babies” that were made. Let’s just say that art isn’t everyone’s strong point! (It’s definitely not mine!)
 
Guests making their playdoh babies

For the last game, we had picked out 10 different kinds of baby food, everything from bananas to turkey with vegetables (YUCK!). We took the labels off of the food, numbered them, and passed them around the room. The ladies had to guess what each food was by only looking and smelling the food, they couldn’t taste it. This game was a big hit as well!

My, Kim and my Mom
This party was such a fun way to begin the welcoming of baby Fay into the world. I will be sure to post pictures and information as soon as she arrives! She will be a very loved little girl! I just can’t wait to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment