Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Beautiful Little Life

This is Kyan, my dear friend's sweet baby boy


I seem to be surrounded by pregnant women right now, as I’m sure a lot of you are as well! What a wonderful thing to be able to say!

I have at least 5 pregnant friends, and most importantly my only sibling, my big brother, is having his first baby (well he’s not having the baby). This means that I’m going to be an AUNT! I am so excited for our family! The first baby, what a tremendous joy! 

Here I am with my brother’s fiancé, Kim and her sweet belly (that’s my little niece in there!)



“A new baby is like the beginning of all things - wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.”


If you are anything like me, your heart of hearts yearns to be a mother. Maybe not right now, but it is one of your very deep desires.  Although my husband and I are not yet ready to have children, every time I hear that someone is pregnant, I feel a twinge of pain, of jealousy. This is not at all a reflection of my feelings for my friends, I couldn’t be more excited or imagine a better blessing for my dear friends, however it reminds me that they are getting a precious gift that I am not able to receive yet.

Maybe you are like me, wanting to have children, but the Lord hasn’t give you the green light. Maybe you find yourself struggling to be able to conceive a child; maybe you are still single and are waiting on the husband to come along first. Whatever your circumstance, I just want to remind you of this one small thing:

“From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.” Acts 17:26

Yes, God knows RIGHT where you are right now, and has you there for a reason! God knows your desires and he will always provide the best for you in his perfect timing. Rest in the knowledge that Jesus is right beside you and is holding your hand through this journey.

If you are reading this and are the blessed mommy of your very own children, I pray you remember how highly God values Moms and how VERY lucky you are to have the little ones you do!


“A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for”



Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! – Psalms 127: 3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment