Monday, November 15, 2010

Stuck at Sea: The Carnival Splendor

This is the tugboat that pulled our 116,000 TON Cruise Ship to San Diego, CA

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't blogged for over a week. This is because my husband and I had planned a vacation with 4 of our best friends, upon the Carnival Splendor this past week.

As most of you know, we ended up being stuck out at sea for 4 days, due to a large electrical fire in the main engine room of the ship. This meant no power (which in return meant PITCH black rooms, no hot water, no hot food, no toilets for over 18 hours, ect), no entertainment, no pools, no port stops, ect.

Our group was even featured on our local news. You can watch our story by clicking here

While this wasn't the cruise, nor the vacation we were hoping for, we all tried to make the best out of the situation. I will be posting pictures soon of the WONDERFUL (there is some sarcasam in that statement) food we were served on board and further details about what we went through on the cruise.

I do have to mention that while the media insists we were served SPAM and pop tarts, that couldn't be further from the truth.

All 6 of the people I went on the cruise with are all home and healthy (minus the TERRIBLE colds that my husband and I got from the lack of sanity on the boat) and are glad to at least have had a week together in fellowship and creating memories that we will NEVER forget.

I would be more than happy to answer any questions anyone has, please just leave a comment, and I will work to answer them as quickly as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment