Monday, October 18, 2010

Almond Crusted Tilapia



While I am still fighting a serious cold, I decided it was time to start blogging again! Thank you all for your patience as I work to get 100% better.

Being sick and still having a family that needs feeding is always hard. This past week I have been looking for simple, delicious healthy meals that I can quickly make for Mike and I.

I found this recipe and adapted it to fit our families needs. It is very simple, and so good! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Almond Crusted Tilapia
  • 3 tablespoon  lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
  • 4  tilapia fillets
  • 1/4 cup(s) ground almonds (I ground mine in my food processor until it resembled small breadcrumbs.)
  • 2 tablespoon(s) water
Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  1. In cup, mix lemon juice, oil, salt, and black pepper.
  2. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish. Place tilapia, dark side down, in dish. Drizzle tilapia with lemon mixture; top with almonds, pressing them on.
  3. Bake 15 minutes or until tilapia turns opaque.
We served our Tilapia with Green Beans and Quinoa!

I'm sharing this on Tempt my Tummy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment