Thursday, August 12, 2010

My First Blog

I guess I will start this blog with a little background on me!

I was born into a family of three, making our family four. I have one older brother and a fantastic mom and dad. I am the youngest child, a total daddy's girl, and a bit of a homebody. My family is the most important thing in the world to me, besides my relationship with the Lord.

 My Brother, Derek (Age 5) and I (Age 2)

I came to the Lord at the tender age of 3. I was getting ready for bed and my mom says I asked her to pray with me to accept the Lord.  I have lived my whole life in relationship with my Heavenly Father, and can't imagine life any other way.

When I was 22 years old I met a wonderful young man, Michael who pursued a relationship with me. We started dating in October of 2008 and 9 months later, we were engaged! We were married in February of 2010 and we are loving every minute of our new journey together.

 Mike and I- Our Wedding Day February 2010


Mike has been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and is also allergic to dairy and soy. I have serious digestive issues, as well as gluten and dairy intolerance. As our married life begins, one of my biggest concerns as a wife is getting my family healthy!

We are on our 2nd month of whole food, natural eating (and living) and I have been so encouraged by the blogs I am following, that I thought I would start my own (more for my benefit than anyone else!) to track our journey and how our bodies change over this process.

I hope you can find some encouragement here as well  helpful tips and hints! We can learn together!

My Family
(from L to R): my Brother Derek, my mom, Mike, Me, my Mother-in-law, and my dad

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THAT YOU ARE DOING THIS! Really! I had thought about blogging my journey with food (it is similar to yours) but I never got around to it! I LOVE IT! You are doing such a good job informing people about the legitimate details! I am very happy you are finding natural solutions :)! I didn't know Mike has RA... bummer, I have it too :(. I'm glad you guys are traveling this journey together, that is very sweet and beautiful!!!

    Much love to you two,
    Ana

    ReplyDelete