Thursday, August 26, 2010

Homemade Meatballs with Sauce


I tried this recipe out on my husband this week, and the response was "Wow! This one goes on my favorites list" So, I think this recipe is blog worthy! I love this recipe because it is SO easy, but it LOOKS like you spent a lot of time preparing it!

Homemade Meatballs with Sauce:
Preheat the oven to  375*

1 lb. Ground Turkey or Beef (We used Free Range Ground Turkey) 
2 Tbl. Coconut Flour ( I would assume any flour would work for this, try and avoid bleached flour though!)
2 Eggs
1 Tbl. chopped Parsley (I used dry parsley because that's what we had on hand)
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1/2 tsp. dried Basil
1/2 tsp. dried Oregano
1 Garlic Clove, minced
2 Tbl. Ketchup, optional (I didn't add this)
1 Jar of your favorite sauce (We used Trader Joe's organic Marinara Sauce)

Mix together all ingredients. Combine well, and shape into 1″ meatballs.  Lightly oil (we use coconut oil) a 9x13 casserole dish, place meatballs in the dish (they can be close, but not touching each other). Top with your sauce.

Bake the meatballs with sauce for 20-30 min (until cooked through). I found ours took closer to 30 or 35 ( I MAY have made them a little big!!) 
This recipe made us exactly 2 dozen meatballs

This recipe is definitely going on our favorites list! Quick, easy and delicious! Can't beat that!

2 comments:

  1. Loving the recipes! Keep 'em coming. I can't wait to try the salad dressings too. Love Aunt Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo looks amazing! maybe Joe and I will make this. He's a health nut. Doesn't like to use bleached flour either, so he'd love this. :)

    Yeah, keep em comin! Love ya!

    Brianna L.

    ReplyDelete