Friday, October 14, 2011

What We Have Been Eating Every Night....


 
If you missed our big announcement, you can check it out here.

As I mentioned, our little tater tot has had me completely worn out for the past 8 weeks or so. I would wake up tired, go through work exhausted, come home, lay on the couch until about 7:00 PM, when I would then get ready for bed and I was out of the rest of the night.

I’m not sure if all pregnant women get this amount of exhaustion, but I think that this is the worst pregnancy symptom I’ve had. I am so lucky to have escaped the non stop vomiting and nausea.  I did have some slight nausea and some strong food aversions, but for the most part, my stomach behaved itself quite nicely!

During my first trimester, I absolutely dreaded the thought of cooking and making dinner every night. Most food smells were too strong for me to handle, and I was so worn out I didn’t want to move.

This being the case, we had breakfast for dinner, like every. single. night.

I tried to switch it up by making gluten free pancakes, omelets, eggs sunny side up, tater tots, bacon, or whatever combination of breakfast food I had in the house. Thank God for sweet husband, who LOVES breakfast food and was happy to eat it every night.


Eggs are a great source of protein, especially for a momma that gags at the site of any kind of animal protein (that is still me.) They also have a very low odor and can be prepared a number of different ways. They have definitely been a life saver for me the past two months!



I am happy to report that this week has brought about new energy, and my stomach is much more relaxed than it was. I have been able to cook again and enjoy a lot of the foods I did previously. I have a lot of new recipes coming soon (including a pumpkin muffin recipe that is to die for!)

Also, just for fun, here are a few pictures of my sweet niece, Madalyn  who is 4.5 months old. She is such a sweet, lovely baby! Totally chunky and adorable!



No comments:

Post a Comment